The WCC joined MeetUp to advertise our Club on social media and encourage membership. MeetUp offers electronic RSVP and email notifications, plus event listings, photos and forums. MeetUp and our WCC website will operate in tandem as we evaluate the best way forward. For 2019, joining Meetup remains optional; however, we encourage all Members to join to see how it works and the advantages it offers.
You must first join the WCC & MCA before you can join Meetup. The MeetUp procedures are:
- Navigate to the WCC Meetup site; loaded search parameters include cycling, road cycling, recreational cycling, off-road cycling. Or click here;
- Click on the WCC icon to open our WCC Meetup site;
- Click the red Request To Join button then choose your preferred media option [Facebook, Google, or email];
- Enter the requested information and upload a photo - you may use an avatar if you prefer;
- Answer the profile questions - the second one requires you provide your CCN Order Number;
- Click Submit - a message “Your membership request has been sent to the Meetup Organizer. You should hear back shortly” will display;
- A WCC WebTech will respond within 48 hours and email you a membership confirmation.
Once confirmed, please review your MeetUp email options carefully, as the default settings can produce a large volume of email traffic.
The WCC MeetUp site content will be limited to 2019 Event Listings. Members are encouraged to share the MeetUp link with friends and family who might be interested in joining the WCC, our city's oldest recreational cycling club.
Our MeetUp site is still under development. Using the MeetUp "I WILL ATTEND" button does NOT qualify as an RSVP for a Club Ride or Event.