Try-Out Rides allow non-Members to ride with the Club, free of charge, before making their decision to join. These are limited to one ride per person, per year, in accordance with our insurance regulations. Prospective members get to experience an organized Club ride and cycle with Club Members.
Our Wednesday evening Cycle-in-the-City ride is a good fit for most of our Try-Out riders, being rated at the R0 BEGINNER level. However, if you are an experienced cyclist, you may be permitted to Try-Out on one of our Monday rides. Applicants are asked to review the Ride Ratings to ensure the requested ride is appropriate for their equipment, skill, and experience level.
For those interested in joining a Try-Out Ride:
- You must sign-up in advance; email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, telephone, email address and requested Wednesday ride date [please specify if a Monday ride is being requested];
- A WCC representative will advise the applicant on ride availability [space is limited], suitability [based on applicant skills and experience], essential ride information, and how to obtain the necessary Waiver form;
- Applicants shall print, read and sign the Waiver Form, and bring it with them to the ride;
- Applicants shall arrive at the Meet Point as directed and identify yourself to the Ride Leader;
- Applicants must bring the signed Waiver Form with them, or they cannot ride.
For the ride:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the published Start Time
- Ensure your bike is in good repair
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Carry water on all rides
- Obey all traffic rules
- Approved bike Helmets are mandatory: No Helmet - No Ride - No Exception!