Our Try-Out Ride program allows non-Members and Non-Riding Members to experience a Club ride at no charge - an excellent opportunity to meet Club Members and experience a quiet urban ride in a group environment.. Participation is limited to one ride per person, per year, in accordance with our insurance regulations.
Try-Out riders are only permitted on our Wednesday evening Cycle-in-the-City rides; these are rated at the R0 BEGINNER level, allowing participants to experience their first Club ride at a relaxed pace. Click here to view the Wednesday Ride List.
Requirements for Try-Out riders:
- You must be able to cycle the stated Distance [20-30K] while maintaining speeds of at least 20 KM/H for a two-hour period
- You must bring a bicycle, well maintained and in good operating condition
- You must bring and wear an approved cycling helmet
Procedures for Try-Out riders:
- Choose your intended ride date from the Wednesday Ride List;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and intended Wednesday ride date - you will receive an automated reply; a Club rep will only contact you directly if there is an issue with your ride date;
- Click here to Download the mandatory Waiver Form;
- Read, print and sign the Waiver form,and bring it with you to the ride;
- Arrive at the Meet Point as directed and identify yourself to the Ride Leader.
On the day of your scheduled Try-Out ride:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the published Start Time
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Carry water on all rides
- Bring your signed Waiver Form with you, or you cannot ride
In the event that your chosen ride is CANCELLED, a notification email will be sent to you.